Setting up the installation environment
This topic describes how to set up the installation environment.
Before you begin
- Ensure that the system meets the hardware and software requirements listed in System requirements.
- If you do not plan to install PostgreSQL database during the installation of BMC Release Process Management, create a PostgreSQL database, an Oracle database, or a Microsoft SQL database before performing the installation.
- If you plan to install BMC Release Lifecycle Management on a remote computer on the Windows platform, you might want to set the required Terminal Server configuration options.
To set the Terminal Server configuration options (optional)
On a Windows computer, to enable running the installation wizard through a Terminal Services connection or a remote desktop session, you must turn off certain Terminal Server configuration options that pertain to temporary folders.
Access the Terminal Services Configuration console by using one of the following methods:
Select Start > Administrative Tools > Terminal Services (Remote Desktop Services) > Terminal Services Configuration (Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration).
- Select Start > Run. Then type tsconfig.msc and press Enter.
Select Server Settings.
- Disable the following options by setting each to No:
- Delete temporary folders on exit
- Use temporary folders per session
- Restart the computer.
To set up the environment for the BMC Release Process Management installation
The additional instructions on BMC Release Process Management 5.0 troubleshooting are provided in the BMC Release Process Management space.
- MultiExcerpt named 'setupEnvironment' was not found
- If you plan to install BMC Release Process Management silently, notice that settings specified in the code block are case-sensitive. Specify the settings in the correct case to avoid installation failure.