This section provides information about troubleshooting problems that you could encounter in this release.
PMW4093I_ Process Selected for Start Cannot be Started
This message indicates that the process selected for start cannot be started because it is in a remote environment with no mechanism for sending a start command.
This can occur in the following scenarios:
- An application server registered as a remote application server.
- A node agent participating in a remote deployment manager environment
- A node agent participating in a local deployment manager environment, but with the node agent residing on a different host from the deployment manager
- A deployment manager registered as a remote deployment manager
Setup and Configuration Problems
- Do you have IBM WebSphere Application Server available ? The PATROL for WebSphere Application Server product cannot be configured without an available WebSphere installation.
- Have you completed the process of configuring application servers for monitoring? See Configuring the KM in PATROL console
- Many features depend on the Performance Level setting in WebSphere. Have you set the required performance monitoring level?