Monitor types and attributes
An application class is a logical grouping of individual applications, while an application group is a logical grouping of application instances. Within PATROL, you use application classes to define the attributes of all instances within an application class (global settings), or the attributes of a single application instance that has been customized (local settings).
Did you know?
Monitor types in the TrueSight console and Central Monitoring Administration are known as application classes in the PATROL Consoles.
Attributes in Central Monitoring Administration are known as parameters in the PATROL consoles.
You can access Central Monitoring Administration from the TrueSight console or ProactiveNet.
The following table describes the application classes used in the PATROL for Entuity Server:
- Custom TSOM Template Monitor types
- Device (ZXC_Device)
- Device Types
- Aruba Wireless Controller (ZXC_1102)
- ATM Switch (ZXC_158)
- Autonomous WAP (ZXC_1046)
- Blade Center (ZXC_1001)
- Ethernet Switch (ZXC_148)
- Firewall (ZXC_1049)
- Hub (ZXC_10)
- Load Balancer (ZXC_1077)
- Managed Host (ZXC_1059)
- Matrix Switch (ZXC_1124)
- Multiplexer (ZXC_1200)
- Non-SNMP Device (ZXC_1062)
- PoE Midspan Injector (ZXC_1070)
- Router (ZXC_168)
- SSL Proxy (ZXC_1079)
- Token Ring Switch (ZXC_138)
- Unclassified (ZXC_1088)
- Unclassified (Full) (ZXC_1069)
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (ZXC_1104)
- Unknown (ZXC_Unknown)
- VM Platform (ZXC_1144)
- VPN (ZXC_1058)
- Wide Area Application Service (ZXC_1128)
- Wireless Controller (ZXC_1073)
- Entuity (ZXC_Root)
- Entuity Server Account (ZXC_Server_Account)