This topic provides information about the agent actions that are available in this KM on TrueSight Infrastructure Management console. Agent actions are also called menu commands in PATROL console.
Before you begin
The Agent Actions option is available only when the following conditions are met:
- You must have appropriate required to execute agent actions.
- The application class to which the monitor belongs has the menu commands defined in the KMs for PATROL Agent.
- A restricted user must have full access to the respective CI.
To respond to an event by using an agent action
- Under Show Monitors page, go to Tools Menu column of a monitor, and click the blue wrench icon.
- Click Agent Actions, and select an Agent Action.
- A dialog box gets displayed, provide the values that are required for the action to be executed. A confirmation message gets displayed after the successful execution of the Agent Action.
Permissions required to execute agent actions
You must have the Allow execution of Agent Action permission assigned to have the Agent Actions option on the Tools menu. If you do not have the permission assigned, the Agent Actions option will not be displayed on the Tools menu.
By default, the following roles have the Allow execution of Agent Action permission:
- Super Admin
- Event Administrator
- Data Collection Administrator
- Service Administrator
For other roles, these permissions must be assigned by the administrators to access the agent actions.
PATROL for Entuity Server agent actions
The screenshot below shows the agent actions available in this KM.
The following table lists the Agent Actions and thier descriptions:
|Monitor type||Agent action||Description|
|Entuity||Reports > Statistics|
Reports the number of instances, devices, and parameters.
|Reports > Entuity server views|
Reports all the views of a configured user on the system.
|Reports > Entuity server devices|
Reports all the devices that are listed under configured view and their monitor types.