Configuring a monitor
When you create or edit a policy, you can add and configure monitor types for the compatible PATROL monitoring solutions that are located in the Deployable Package Repository. For a list of monitoring solutions that you can configure through Central Monitoring Administration, see .
Before you begin
If you have not done so already, perform the following steps:
To configure a monitoring profile
On the Monitor Configuration page, click Add to add a new monitor configuration, or select an existing monitor configuration and click Edit to update it.
In the Add Monitor Types dialog box, provide the following details.
Field Instructions Monitoring Solution Select BMC Performance Manager for AM 10.7.00. Version Select 10.7.00 if it is not already selected. Monitoring Profile
Select one the following monitoring profiles that you want to configure:
Each monitoring profile is associated with a group of monitor types. The EUEM monitoring profile is associated with the End User Experience monitor type. The APM monitoring profile is associated with the following monitor types:
- AM Configuration
- AM Synthetic
- AM Synthetic Execution Plan
- AM Synthetic Custom Timer
- AM Synthetic Page Timer
The APM monitoring profile helps you to monitor the following resources related to the APM Configuration. Each of the resources in the list is a monitor type that contains attributes. These attributes in turn monitor the performance of the various resources. You can directly apply this monitoring profile so that the following monitor types are automatically configured.
If a profile has monitor types that require you to enter information, they are listed in the Monitor Type list, and you can configure them. If the profile has no monitor types that require input, all the monitor types are enabled by default and the Monitor Type list is disabled. To view all the monitor types that belong to a selected profile, click Click to view Monitor Types to expand the area.
The monitor types that belong to a profile are pre-determined. You cannot add or remove monitor types from a profile.
Select the monitor type that you want to configure and provide the configuration details.
By default, this value is set to All to enable default monitoring for all the associated monitor types and avoid the need for providing manual inputs. In addition to default monitoring, you can manually configure a monitor type available in this list. The value for this field depends on the monitoring profile that you select.
The Monitor Type list can have the following status:
- Disabled—This means that none of the monitor types in the profile require you to enter information. These monitor types are automatically enabled and start monitoring when the policy is applied.
- Enabled—This means that you have to choose either All or any of the monitor types listed:
- All—All the monitor types will have default values.
- Monitor types other than All—You have to configure these monitor types.
If you select a monitor type other than All, enter the configuration values for the monitor type.
The fields vary depending on the monitor type that you select. For information about these fields click the Help icon next to the Monitor Type list. The online documentation for that monitor type is displayed.
- To continue configuration, click one of the following buttons:
- Add—Click this button to add the monitor type under the list of Defined Monitor Types and Attributes on the Monitor Configuration tab.
Reset—Click this button to clear off your configuration and revert to default settings.
The values in the current window are reset. Ensure that you add the configuration details for the monitor type.
Reset works only for the monitor types that require user inputs. You cannot reset other options you selected on the Add Monitor Type screen.
- To continue adding configuration details, select a different monitor type, version, profile, or solution.
- When you finish configuration, click Close.
After you save or update a policy, the new monitor type configurations are pushed to the selected PATROL Agents.
- Page not found for multiexcerpt macro.