Viewing a Job Summary report
The Job Summary report summarizes the actions and configuration changes for a selected job. A Job Summary report is available for any job listed in the Network > Jobs list. Job Summary reports are retained for all completed jobs until the jobs are purged per the retention criteria in the system parameters.
To generate a Job Summary report
- Open the Job Summary Report wizard page by navigating to Reports > Activity Reports > Job Summary.
- Select one of the following options and enter a search value:
- Job ID: Include in the report only the job that has the specified Job ID.
- Change ID: Include in the report only jobs that have the specified Change ID. (The Change ID can be from BMC Remedy ITSM, internal RFC process, and so forth.)
- Task ID: Include in the report only jobs that have the specified Task ID.
- Annotation: Include in the report only jobs containing an action whose annotation matches the specified Annotation. Both exact and wildcard matches are supported.
- Select any of the following options, as relevant:
- Show Configuration Changes: (Optional) Show configuration changes made by the job. Changes are shown in a summary format (similar to the Change Summary Report) with clickable icons to launch a change details popup. Note that only standard span actions that access devices and non-inspection-only custom actions track their configuration changes in their jobs.
- Show Job History: (Optional) Show when the job was created, submitted, approved/rejected, and executed.
- Click Next to display the Job Summary report.
The originator is shown in italics if the originator is not a user (for example, if originator is a policy).
Note: The Send Email option is replaced with Send Notification in version 8.9.01 and later.
(Optional): Perform one of the following tasks by using the menu options that are available on the Job Summary Report page: