Viewing a Configuration Search report
The Configuration Search report allows users to search a set of device configurations for a specific line or pattern. Searching multiple historical configurations for the specific line or pattern is helpful when analyzing a specific type of configuration change (for example, interface attribute, access-list) over a time period.
To generate a Configuration Search report
- Open the Configuration Search Report wizard page by navigating to Reports > Search Reports > Configuration Search.
Enter the following information in the displayed fields:
Field or link
Select a network span for the report. Select one of the following options:
- Entire Network
- Realm: Select one of the defined realms.
- Group: Select one of the defined realms, and then select a group.
- Device: Select one of the defined realms, and then select a device.
Click to open the Device Filter dialog box and select a specific device or set of devices.
Click to view the selected devices after using the Filter Devices option.
Select to search either a single configuration or multiple configurations.
For multiple configurations, select the time range for the search; this selection matches against the configuration creation time.
If you select After, Before, or Range, additional controls appear that you can use to select the appropriate dates/times.
Select the type of configuration you want to search (that is, Running). The options vary based on your Search selection (that is, either a single configuration or a configuration trail).
Specify where the Subject search should range in the configuration.
- Entire configuration: search for the Subject anywhere in the configuration.
- Selected Blocks: search for the Subject in all blocks bounded by a Begin line/pattern and End line/pattern. The report shows the Begin line for each domain as a block header line for each matched result line.
Specify a line or pattern to search for.
- Line: Search for an exact line. Do not use regular expressions in the line.
- Pattern: Enter the regular expression to search for.
- Case Sensitive: The subject is sensitive to uppercase and lowercase
- Ignore Whitespace: Ignore leading command-line white space
(Optional) Include in the report only configurations that have an annotation that matches the specified value.
(Optional) Include in the report only configurations that have the specified Change ID (The Change ID can be from BMC Remedy ITSM, internal RFC process, or other sources).
(Optional) Include in the report only configurations that have the specified Job ID.
Specify whether to show matching devices and associated matching configuration line numbers. You can also choose to display non-matching devices.
- Click Next.
The following Configuration Search Report page shows a summary of device configurations matching the search criteria (Domain: Entire Configuration):
The following Configuration Search Report page shows a summary of device configurations matching the search criteria (Domain: Selected Blocks), showing the block headers:
(Optional): Perform one of the following tasks by using the menu options that are available on the Configuration Search Report page:Menu optionDescription
Back Return to the wizard to change report parameters. Print View Print a copy of the report. Export
Export the report to one of the following formats:
Note: The Include All Details option is not available for this format.
Email the report to one or more recipients in one of the export formats. Help Display Help.
- Select any Configuration Search Details report to show the matched lines. icon to display the