Viewing a Configuration Comparison report
The Configuration Comparison report allows a user to compare templates to templates, templates to configurations, and configurations to configurations.
To generate a Configuration Comparison report by using the wizard
- Open the Configuration Comparison Report page by navigating to Reports > Status Reports > Configuration Comparison.
- On the first page select the types of files that you want to compare and then, select the two files.
The example shown in the following figure compares a configuration for one device against a template. to display the list of templates, devices, or groups.
- If the template contains runtime parameters, click the Params button and enter the runtime parameter values.
You can specify up to 2000 characters in each runtime parameter value.
- Click Next.
- For a network span, select the type of configurations to compare.
- Click Next to display the Configuration Comparison report.
The Configuration Comparison report shows a summary of differences (deleted, added, changed lines, image changed) between the selected configurations.
(Optional): Perform one of the following tasks by using the menu options that are available on the Configuration Comparison Report page:
Click the View Diff Details Report Difference Details report.icon to display the