Understanding basic list functions
The following figure shows the Devices (Network > Spans > Devices) page, which displays a typical list in BMC Network Automation:
The following functions are common to all pages that display lists:
- Show: Set how many list items to display per page.
- Paging: Paging is available at the bottom of all lists. Page through the list by using the next and previous page icons, or access a particular page by using the page number list. The total number of items in the list is also displayed.
- Sorting: Column headers can be used to sort a list alphabetically or by date/time in ascending or descending order. For example, click the Name column header in the device list to sort the list alphabetically by device name.
Actions: To the right of each list item are actions that can be performed on the list item. Only actions that the current logged-on user can perform are displayed. Examples of actions are:
Icon Action Description View View details of the list item. Edit Edit details of the list item. Copy Copy the list item. Delete Delete the list item.
- Filtering: Filters can be applied from either the Filter dialog box or from quick filters that are located above some of the columns.
- Filter Status: If the list is filtered, the word Filtered is displayed in the upper left corner.
- Column resizing: Columns can be resized by dragging the column header edge.
- Hovering: When a field is too long to be displayed, it is terminated with an ellipsis (...). Place the cursor over a field to display the full contents.