Installation fails due to spaces in the installation directory path
On Windows, installation fails with an error message similar to the following one if the installation directory path provided during installation contains spaces:
'D:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command.
Workaround: To fix the issue, follow these steps:
- Ensure that 8dot3 (8.3) file naming convention is enabled. For instructions, see Enabling Windows 8.3 file names.
- If it is already enabled, obtain the short file name for the directories in the installation path that contain spaces, as follows:
- On the command prompt, go to the drive in which you want to install the product.
- Run the following command:
The command prompt shows the short file names for the directories in that drive.
- Repeat this command till you reach the directory in which you want to install the product.
- Restart the installation program and enter the directory path with the short names for all the directories.
For example, D:\PROG~1\BMCSOF~1.