Verifying the installation
You can verify that the BMC Network Automation product was installed successfully by using the following procedures.
To review the BMC Network Automation installation log files
- If you just completed installing BMC Network Automation and the installer prompts you to view the installation log, click View Log and skip to step 3.
- If you already exited the installation host, perform the following steps:
- Log on to the BMC Network Automation application server.
Open the bcan_install_log.txt log file in the installation directory for your operating system.
Location of installation log files
Default installation log location
- In the log, verify whether any error messages were reported.
If no error messages were reported, the installation was successful. You can skip the rest of the verification procedures in this topic.
- For all error messages, perform the following procedures:
- If a SEVERE error message is reported, additionally perform the steps documented in the Resolving a Severe error message in the installation log topic.
To verify that the required BMC Network Automation services are running
From application server, ensure that the following processes (Linux) or services (Windows) are running on the target host:
- BCA-Networks Web server
- BCA-Networks TFTP server
- Linux: bca-networks (
ps -ef | grep bca-networks)
If this process is not running on Linux, you can attempt to start it by using the following command:
To verify that you can log on to the BMC Network Automation console
Log on to the application server from a web browser using the sysadmin user name and sysadmin password.
The default port is 80. After you successfully log on the first time, you are required to change the password.
To verify the configuration information specified during installation
- From the BMC Network Automation console, navigate to Admin > System Admin > System Parameters.
- Verify that the following values specified during the installation are correct:
- User name
- Enable BMC Atrium Orchestrator Integration
- Enable CMDB Integration
- If UDDI integration was enabled, check the values for the host name and port in Web Services Base URL under Enable Web Services Registry Integration.