Installing a CodePlex TFTP server on Windows
The CodePlex TFTP server is installed in the BCAN_HOME\tftpd diectory. If you want to use this TFTP server, you must configure it.
Before you begin
Confirm that Microsoft .NET 3.5.x is installed on the BMC Network Automation application server host.
To configure the CodePlex TFTP server
- Log on to the application server.
- Navigate to BCAN_HOME\tftpd and run TFTPServer.exe.
The TFTP server window opens. This window shows the current status of the server and contains controls for stopping, starting, and configuring it.
- On the TFTP server window, click Configure.
- On the TFTP Server configuration window, click Add.
On the Settings dialog box, enter configuration settings, as described in the following table:
Enter a unique name for the TFTP server.
Enter the IPv4 or IPv6 address of the host computer where the TFTP server is running, or click Pick to select a server address.
Enter the TCP port that the server would communicate on.
Single port mode
(Optional) Select this option to limit communication to a single port.
Don't fragment packets
(Optional) Select this option to prohibit transmission of fragmented packets, which can be a security threat.
Enter the Time To Live (TTL) parameter. The default of -1 indicates an unlimited TTL.
Enter the timeout period in milliseconds.
Enter the number of retry attempts.
Enter the root path for transferred files.
Note: Ensure that the root path is the same as the TFTP Transfer Directory property set for the local or remote agent. The default value of the TFTP Transfer Directory property is:
- Local device agent on the application server: BCAN_DATA\tmp
- Remote device agent: C:\Program Files\BMC Software\BCA-Networks-Agent\tmp
(Optional) Select this option to allow clients to read the transfer directory.
Convert path separator \ to /
(Optional) Select this option to convert Microsoft Windows backslash path separators \ to standard slash separators /.
(Optional) Select this option to allow clients to write to the transfer directory.
- Click OK.
- In the TFTP Server configuration window, click OK.
- When the confirmation dialog box appears, click Yes to allow restart of the TFTPD service.