Changing user passwords
This option is only available when using local authentication of login sessions. It is not available when authenticating user logons with a Microsoft Active Directory, RADIUS, TACACS+, or OpenLDAP server.
When you log on for the first time, you are prompted to change your assigned password. In addition, BMC Network Automation might force you to change your password within a specified period, as defined by the system administrator under Admin > System Parameters. Also, the system administrator can restrict you from reusing prior passwords. If you encounter any problems changing your password, contact your system administrator.
To change a user password
- Open the Change Password page by navigating to Home > User Profile > Change Password.
- Enter information in the following fields:
- Old Password: Enter the current password.
- New Password: Enter the new password.
Confirm New Password: Retype the new password.
User accounts that are authenticated by a third-party application such as Active Directory must conform to the policies of that application.
The following restrictions apply to local passwords:
- Cannot be blank (empty string)
- Cannot contain a space character
- Must be at least 6 characters in length
- Cannot exceed 255 characters in length
- Click Submit.