Adding or editing a user
- Open the Users page by navigating to Admin > User Admin > Users.
- Click Add to add a new user.
- In the Details tab, enter information in the following fields:
User Name: Up to 40 alphanumeric characters in length.
User name can contain only letters, numbers, dots, hyphens, underscores, and spaces.
Password: Only shown when using local authentication.
- Confirm Password: Only shown when using local authentication. Same as Password.
- Email Address: Use this email address for sending job approval notifications.
- Enabled: (Optional) Clear this option if you want to disable the user account.
- Password Never Expires: (Optional) Only shown when using local authentication. Select this option if you want the password of this user never to expire.
- Copy User Preferences: (Optional) Only shown when user is copying the existing user. Select this option if you want to save the user defined views for the copied user.
- Click the Roles tab to add the user to one or more defined roles. Note that the roles you have to choose from depends on whether or not you have the Allow Rights Promotion system right. If you have this right, then you will be allowed to choose any role; if you do not have this right, you will be allowed to choose only the roles assigned to your account.
- Click Save to save the settings for this user.
The following table describes the actions that you can take on the listed users:
|View||View the details of the associated user.|
|Edit||Edit the details of the associated user.|
|Copy||Create a new used based on the associated user.|
|Delete||Delete the associated user.|