Viewing the jobs listing
Managing system parameters). This topic contains the following sections:The Jobs page displays all pending, in progress, and executed jobs. Jobs remain in the jobs list until purged by the system based on the purging criteria defined under Admin > System Parameters (see
To view the list of jobs
- Navigate to Network > Actions > Jobs.
(Optional) Perform one of the following tasks by using the menu options that are available on the Jobs page:Menu optionDescription
Views Display predefined jobs matching a favorite view. See About lists and views and Managing and sharing views. Filter Filter the predefined jobs list based on selected criteria. You can use a wildcard for the network span. Add Create a new job Reconcile Reconcile a job.
To track changes that occurred without prior approval in the Change Management system, a network engineer can reconcile latent changes.
Note: Reconciling jobs is only available if your site has performed the Remedy integration procedure and the system parameter, Enable Continuous Compliance for Network Administration is selected.
Print View Print the jobs list Refresh Update the status for all listed jobs Help Display help for the jobs list
(Optional) Perform one of the following actions by clicking an icon in the Actions column on the Jobs page:IconActionDescription
View Display details about the job Edit Edit the job Copy Copy the job NEW IN 8.9.02Copy only actions with device failures Copy a failed job, including actions only on devices that failed in the job.1 Submit Submit the job for execution Approve Approve the job Reject Reject the job Cancel/Abort Cancel the job. Individual device actions already in progress cannot be aborted. Delete Delete the job
1. When copying only actions with device failures, the job includes actions where at least one device reported a status other than success. The network span for these copied actions is only the devices that did not succeed, except for the Find Endpoint and Quarantine Endpoint actions, where the action uses the original network span.
If the original job was set to skip the remaining actions on error, the copied job includes all of the actions that follow the action that failed, with the original network span. That is, the copied job executes fully the actions that never executed in the original job.
Before copying only actions with device failures, verify that the failures are such that a re-execution of the action has a chance of success. If the error required you to take any corrective action (such as restoring connectivity to a remote device agent or to a device), make sure that you have taken the necessary actions or the action simply fails again. There are also warnings that do not warrant re-execution of the same action. For example, if you deploy a new OS image but do not reboot the device, the action reports a warning that the running operating system is not what you deployed; you should not re-execute the deploy OS image action, but should reboot the device.
To view the job ID information
- To navigate to various Job options, click any Job ID link, as shown in the following figure:
Note: In versions 8.9.01 and later, the Send Email option has been replaced with Send Notification.
- (Optional) If the job is pending, click View Job Conflicts Report to display all the devices in multiple pending jobs so you can resolve any conflicts, as appropriate.
- (Optional) Select the arrow on a job entry to view the actions in the job and, if the job has run, the status of each action.
The example below shows a job with three completed actions. Select the link under Status to view Job Details for that action.
To view the job details report
- Create a job.
The job shown in the following figure executes a Deploy to Active action on a device:
Note: In versions 8.9.01 and later, the Send Email option has been replaced with Send Notification. as shown in the preceding figure to view the job details and configuration changes.
- Click various links on the Job Details report to drill down to more information.
- Click View Job Summary Report by Job ID
The pages in this sequence are intended for general information. They do not necessarily give details of the same job. The configuration change produced by the job is highlighted in red. to view the Job Summary information, as shown in the following figure.
- Select View Change Details Report
- In the Job Details report, click the arrow next to the name of an action to view details of the action, as shown in the following figure:
Note that remediating actions show sub-actions within the main action, as shown in the following example. Click the arrow handles to view the sub-action details.
- Click the completion status link (Succeeded or Failed) in the Status column in the Job Details report to view the device transcript.
The transcript shows the commands that the system sends to the device and the responses the device sends back.
- Click the handles to view the part of the transcript that you want to see in detail. The following figure shows the Deploy to Active part.
- To view the contents of a script that was depoyed to the device, click Merge Script in the Status column in the Job Details report, as shown in the following figure. The deployed script shows you any computed script that makes the device compliant, and it shows resolved substitution parameters.
To define a filter for the jobs listing
- Select Network > Actions > Jobs.
- Click the Filter menu option above the list of jobs.
- Select or specify any of the following optional attributes:
- Time when the job was created
- Actions that are added to the job
- Job ID
- Change ID that tracks the specified job to the external Change ID
- Task ID that tracks the specified job to the external Task ID
- Network span of the action in the job
- Originator (user, system, or policy) of the job
- The predefined job that was used to prepare the job.
- Person who last edited the job
- Current status (Aborted, Completed, Draft, Cancelled, and so on) of the job
- Reconciliation status (Aborted, Success, Failed, In Progress, and so on) of the job
- Job approval type used to approve the job execution
- Click Submit.