Using a predefined job
When you want to create a job from one of the predefined jobs, you are required to run the Prepare Job wizard.
To run a Prepare Job wizard
- On the Predefined Jobs list page, find the predefined job that you want to use for creating a job. In the Actions column, click the Prepare Job icon.
- If the predefined job includes actions that require you to provide the Define At Runtime span values (as shown in the following figure), use the span selector to enter span values.
If the Predefined Job includes actions that require you to provide other runtime values (for example, an IP address), a pop-up window displays the runtime parameters.
If you added actions that used shared runtime parameters, the pop-up window is divided into two labeled sections: Shared and Local.
- Do all of the following:
- For each of the runtime parameters, enter a new value or accept the default value. You can specify up to 2000 characters for a text type parameter, 255 characters for a menu or password type parameter, and 32-bit integer value for an integer type parameter.
- Validate Runtime Parameters: If you select this option, when you click Next, BMC Network Automation resolves and validates the runtime parameters. If you clear it, the runtime parameters are resolved but not validated.
- Click Next.
- (Optional) In the Job Editor, edit the job.
- Click Save And Submit.
The job you have created is displayed on the Jobs list page.