Adding a job approval type
- Open the Add Job Approval Type page by navigating to Admin > Network Admin > Job Approval Types.
- Click Add to create a job approval type.
- Click Edit
- In the Details tab, enter the following information:
- Name: Enter a unique name for the Job Approval Type.
- Send Email: (Optional) Notify the approvers by email when a job requires their approval.
- Sort Order: Indicates the order to display the approval type on the Job page. For example, you might want to place the Job Approval Type that does not require any approvals (for example, Emergency) as the last selection.
- If the Accessible To tab is displayed, define which users have access to select the Job Approval Type. Job Approval Types can be accessible to everyone or restricted by user or role. In the following example, only selected users can submit Emergency changes, which require no approvals.
- Select the approval type under the Approvers tab.
Multiple approvals can be required without enforcing an order of approvals. In this case, all the specified approvers must approve, but not in a particular order.
You can also force a sequence of approvals. In the example shown in the preceding figure, approvals first require one user with the Manager role to approve, followed by one user with the Administrator role.
- Select Save to save the Job Approval Type.
The Job Approval is selected when the job is submitted.
When you click
Note: In version 8.9.01 and later, the Send Email option has been replaced with Send Notification.