Managing job approval types
This section contains topics that describe how to manage job approval types.
Under the Admin tab, the administrator creates job approval types based on the organization's approval process. Approvers can be individual users and roles. These are the approval types:
- Single Approval: Only a single approval is required.
- Multiple Approvals: Multiple approvals are required, in any order.
- Sequence of Approvals: Multiple approvals are required, in a specified order.
- Remedy Approval :Remedy approval is required. Remedy approval might be the only approval required, or it might be part of multiple approvals, or a sequence of approvals.
This type of approval is only available if your site has performed the Remedy integration procedure and the system parameter Enable Continuous Compliance for Network Administration is selected. See BMC Continuous Compliance for Network Automation solution for more information.
- None: No approvals are required.
Job approvals are not required for these passive actions: Snapshot, Assign Target, Log Event, Send Email, Send Trap. You can set a tag (requiresApproval) in a Custom Action script designating if approval is required.