Viewing the device adapter listing
The Device Adapters page displays the adapter name, enabled status (Yes or blank), state, most recent modification date, and the user who most recently modified the adapter.
Use this page to perform the following device adapter operations:
Device type adapters are organized by vendor. Custom actions or external scripts are organized by group name (Additional Trails, Diagnostics, and so on).
Before you begin
You need a user name and password with administrator privileges on the BMC Network Automation server.
To view the listing of device adapters
- Navigate to Admin > Network Admin > Device Adapters.
- (Optional) Click a column heading to sort the list.
- (Optional) Enter a string in the text box below the column heading or select an option from the drop-down menu to filter the list.
(Optional) Perform one of the following actions by clicking an icon in the Actions column on the Device Adapters page:
IconActionDescription View Display details about the device adapter, including the source code. Export Export the device adapter to an XML file, as described in Exporting device adapters. View Difference Details Available only for modified device adapters, displays side-by-side differences between the baseline version and the modified version of the device adapter. Revert Revert the modified device adapter back to its baseline version; available only for BMC out-of-the-box adapters. Delete Remove the device adapter, provided that it is new and disabled. You cannot delete a BMC out-of-the-box adapter. Disable Disable a device adapter that is currently enabled. Enable Enable a device adapter that is currently disabled.
- You cannot disable a Vendor or Device Type adapter if devices in the system belong to the Vendor or Device Type. For more information about the effects of disabling a device adapter, see Effects of disabling device adapters.
- You cannot delete an adapter that is in use. If you attempt to delete an adapter that is in use, the references are displayed. You must then remove or clean up those components manually.