Understanding system files modified or created during installation
This topic identifies the system files modified or created during installation of BMC Network Automation.
Microsoft Windows installations
On Windows, the following services might be added to the system:
- BCA-Networks Web Server (mandatory)
- BCA-Networks Database Server (only when the embedded PostgreSQL database is installed)
- BCA-Networks TFTP Server (optional)
In addition, the PATH environment variable is modified with the location of executable and library files required by the product services.
On Linux, the product installs startup scripts into the /etc/init.d directory:
- /etc/init.d/enapostgres (database server)
- /etc/init.d/enatomcat (web server)
It also creates links to these scripts in the /etc/rc* directories so that the product services are started and stopped during system boot and shutdown.