Understanding public XSL files
The files in the BCAN_HOME/public/bmc/bca-networks/xsl directory are stylesheets for:
- translating imported device files from the source XML format into the system XML format
- translating imported security vulnerability files from the source XML format into the system XML format
The following abbreviations are used in these file names:
CiscoWorks Data Extraction Engine (DEE)
Entuity Eye of the Storm
IPSwitch WhatsUp Gold
The following device import-related stylesheets are stored in the BCAN_HOME/public/bmc/bca-networks/xsl directory:
These are the stylesheets for converting various device import formats to the BMC Network Automation standard XML format. You can tweak these stylesheets to achieve the following goals:
- Add additional import fields. For example, adding a dynamic field custom to your installation.
- Filter the imported devices. For example, only import devices that have a specific prefix or IP range.
- Change the field mapping to reflect some software change in the source system.
The following security vulnerability-related stylesheet is stored in the BCAN_HOME/public/bmc/bca-networks/xsl directory:
This stylesheet is incorporated into the canned security vulnerability importer, named Import Cisco Advisory From CVRF XML File. Use the BMC Network Automation GUI to access this stylesheet if you need to make any changes. Use this stylesheet as an example, a reference, or as a backup baseline copy.