Viewing device details
A device is any entity that can be monitored by BMC Helix Operations Management.
On the Monitoring > Devices page, click a device name to view the associated Device Details page. The Event Summary area displays a matrix of events that are associated with the device.
The Device Details page displays detailed information about each device for analysis and remediation.
The associated events, monitors, agents, and applications are listed in their respective tabs. Click an entry in each tab to view details.
Customize monitor graphs to leverage the BMC Helix Operations Management data visualization capabilities.
To customize monitor graphs
From the Monitors tab, click a monitor to view its details. The default Performance Overview tab provides a graphical overview of the monitor. You can view graph data by customizing following actions:
- Specify the time period for the graph.
- Select a graph type — multimetric or single metric.
- For a multimetric graph, select the metrics to compare and set the left- and right-axis attributes.
- For a single metric graph, select Edit Settings and select the monitor metric from the list and configure it:
- Select threshold indicators for the data you are viewing. Thresholds have to be previously set for the metric in Alarm policies.
- Specify if you want to include intelligent events. BMC PATROL Agent events that are associated with monitors are also considered intelligent events.
- Specify if you want to view the hourly highest or lowest values in the specified graph period. The peak or low indicators can be selected only when data has been collected for more than 24 hours.
For single metric analysis, display of alarm thresholds on the monitor graph is determined in the following order:
- Alarm policy configured with the Multi Instances option and the highest precedence
- Alarm policy configured with the All Instances option and the highest precedence
If thresholds are set for a metric, the graph is displayed in the severity color for the threshold range. This allows you to visualize the metric performance using the severity colors.
You can export a graph to PDF or CSV format. The PDF format replicates the graph that is displayed in the Performance Overview tab. The CSV format contains values for the selected metrics.