Tenant Specific URL
BMC Helix Cloud Security and BMC Helix Cloud Cost are offered as SaaS, hosted on BMC Cloud and AWS.
The users can access the products using below URLs. The product URL is different based on whether the product is hosted on BMC Cloud or AWS.
BMC provides a custom URL (tenant specific URL) for a licensed tenant. During onboarding to BMC Helix Cloud Cost and BMC Helix Cloud Security, tenant can choose a unique sub-domain name (<custom>) for the custom URL.
For a hypothetical tenant, "Example International Inc.", the custom sub-domain can be ”custom”. The custom URL would be as below:
Sample Custom URL's
The below behaviour is true for all users - native users
- Once the custom URL is enabled for a tenant, all users in the tenant is expected to use the custom URL. The email notifications sent from that tenant will contain references to the custom URL instead of generic URL. For example, when a user is invited from the product, the user will receive an email with custom URL as the login URL.
- If a user from this tenant switches to a different tenant, the URL will not change and continue to show the same URL in the browser All the pages will continue to be navigated using custom URL.
- On logging out, the native user will land on the login page with the custom URL.
Note: In case of SSO enabled tenant
- It is expected that all new users will be onboarded to IDP and will be authenticated via SSO. Users should not be invited through "invite user" functionality. If a user is invited through the "invite user" functionality, the invited user will receive an email with the custom URL. The invited user will not be able to use the custom URL and should use the generic URL mentioned above. The user who is inviting a new user, must send a separate email to the invited user and let the user know the generic URL
- If for some reason the SSO is not working, the native users (non SSO) can login using the generic URL.
- While logging out the user will be redirected to a URL which is configured by the SSO admin of the tenant.