Integrating BMC Remedyforce with TrueSight Operations Management
Newer API Integration Available and Recommended:
The integration method with TrueSight Operations Management that is provided in this section is an older (email) method. For the newer and recommended API integration method, see
You can integrate BMC Remedyforce with TrueSight Operations Management to create incidents in BMC Remedyforce using the events that are generated in TrueSight Operations Management. This integration enables you to create, update, and close incidents based on the events generated in TrueSight Operations Management. Data in the events is mapped to the fields in the
You can also follow the procedures in this section to integrate BMC Remedyforce with ProactiveNet Performance Management.
- Mapping the event data to the Incident object fields
- Customizing event rules in TrueSight Operations Management
- Use-case scenario: Creating an incident in BMC Remedyforce based on an event in TrueSight Operations Management
- Viewing the CI linked with an incident
Ensure that users who perform the integration procedures have the following permissions:
- To allow the users to access Salesforce APIs, ensure that you select the API Enabled check box for their profile from the Setup > Administer > Manage Users > Profiles > Administrative Permissions section for Classic or Setup > Administration > Users > Profiles > Administrative Permissions section for Lightning.
- Users have read, create, and edit permissions on the Incident object.
- If a lookup field is mapped, users should at least have the read permission on the lookup object.
- Users have read and edit permissions on the the fields populated by TrueSight and the following fields of the Incident object:
- Integration Data
- Event ID
- Incident Source