Using Smart Suggestions to create or edit incidents
Based on the settings configured by your system administrator, suggestions for knowledge articles, incidents, broadcasts, and templates are displayed in the Remedyforce Console.
The following topics are provided:
How results are displayed for Smart Suggestions
The smart suggestions are displayed based on the following values that you, as a staff member, enter and select in the fields of the incident form:
- Matching knowledge articles, broadcasts, and templates are displayed based on the values in the Category and Description fields.
- Matching incidents are displayed based on the values entered in two or more matching fields from the Incident Matching field set which are linked with an "and" condition. If two or more matching fields from the Incident Matching field set are unavailable, matching incidents are displayed based on an algorithm.
For an opened incident record, you can select the matching incidents from the Smart Suggestions pane and link as parent or child incident. For more information, see To link matching incidents from the Smart Suggestions pane.
Knowledge articles, incidents, and broadcasts that you select from Smart Suggestions are linked to the incident only after the record is saved. Smart suggestions feature is not available for closed and inactive incident records.
The following video (2:18) gives an overview of Smart Suggestions.
Scenario to create or edit incidents using Smart Suggestions
In this scenario, a service desk staff member uses Smart Suggestions to create an incident:
- Jackson, a manager from the product team, sees that his laptop has crashed and will not restart. He calls the service desk and Emma answers the call.
- Emma opens a new incident form on the Remedyforce Console tab and selects Jackson as the client.
- Based on Jackson's issue, Emma enters text in the Description field of the incident.
As Emma continues to type, suggestions for knowledge articles, broadcasts, and templates are displayed that might help Emma resolve the incident.
- Emma selects Hardware as the category for the incident and clicks
The results in the smart suggestion pane are refined for knowledge articles, broadcasts, and templates. to open the Smart Suggestion pane.
- From the list of templates in the suggestions, Emma selects a template and applies it to populate the field values for the incident form.
Emma also sees a useful knowledge article about rebooting the crashed hard drive and chooses to copy the knowledge article text to the Resolution field.
Emma reviews the information and clicks Save to create the incident.
After the record is saved, the knowledge article is linked the incident record.
Emma reopens the ticket, and from the list of incidents in the suggestions, finds an incident about laptops running a certain Operating System and version are crashing. As Jackson's laptop runs on the same Operating System and version, Emma selects that incident, and clicks on the Link as Child button.
To link matching incidents from the Smart Suggestions pane
From the list of matching incidents, select the required incidents.
Incidents that are already linked to the opened incident record are not shown in the list of matching incidents.
Perform one of the following actions:
Link as a parent incident
Link as child incidents
Consider the following scenarios about linking parent incident and child incidents:
Scenario State of the Link as Parent and Link as Child buttons New incident record Both the Link as Parent and Link as Child buttons are disabled. These links are enabled only after the new incident record is saved, and the staff member selects incidents from the smart suggestions pane. Existing incident record which is neither linked as a child, nor as a parent incident If you select only one incident, both the Link as Parent and Link as Child buttons are enabled. If you select more than one incident, only the Link as Child button is enabled. Existing incident record which is linked as a child incident Both the Link as Parent and Link as Child buttons are disabled. Existing incident record which is linked as a parent incident Only the Link as Child button is enabled.