SmartViews enables staff members to access all the relevant data of any record in a visually interactive manner. It presents the record in a graphical format including the information related to tasks that are associated with the record and a status of whether those tasks are open, pending, or closed. It provides the details about the record's approval process and all the other ITIL processes. Also, you get an insight into how incidents or service requests can be accessed and information be used and processed to provide services to the end users in a much faster way.
SmartViews increases the IT staff productivity by not only reducing the number of clicks required to get all related information required to fulfill a request, but also by providing the information in a visual format, making it very easy to understand and use.
You can view SmartViews in a web browser and iPad only.
The following topics are provided:
SmartViews provides you with a graphical representation of how a record is linked to other records for the following modules in the Remedyforce Console:
- Service Requests
- Change Requests
Other than the graphical information, SmartViews also supports quick updates and email communication. SmartViews allows to track and update the activity feed to any of the related information with just one click with no desktop clutter. For more information about the activity feed option in SmartViews, see Viewing the activity feed of a record.
SmartViews is optimized for both, desktop and mobile interfaces.
Information displayed in SmartViews
The following information is displayed in SmartViews depending upon the access that the system administrator has provided. For more information, see Configuring SmartViews.
If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE), SmartViews are displayed in IE 11 or later.
- Linked records—You can view linked records for incidents, tasks, problems, service requests, change requests, or releases. In Microsoft Internet Explorer 10, linked tasks with a Pending Creation status are shown connected to the record with a solid line instead of a dotted line.
- Linked configuration items and assets—You can view the linked configuration items and assets.
- Linked approvals—When a record is submitted for approval, you can view the linked approvals. If you click on the Approvals node, the Approval Details window is displayed. Click either of the following options:
- Reassign - Select the required approver from the Approver field and click Reassign.
- Approve/Reject - Add an appropriate comment and click Approve or Reject.
- Recall Approval Request - Add an appropriate comment and click Recall Approval Request.
Lifecycle of a record—You can view the lifecycle of an incident or service request record in the form of a stage progression bar. Click on the bar for a detailed view. If you change the status of a record from Record Details, the updated status will be displayed after you open the record again.
If a layout is assigned, the user can see only the statuses that are assigned to that layout. In case, the user changes the assigned layout, and selects a different layout that has different assigned statuses, then only the status that the user had selected from the previous record is displayed. However, if the user changes the status, the previous status is not displayed in the Status drop-down list.
Actions supported in SmartViews
The following actions are supported in SmartViews:
- Export the graphical view as an image
- Print the graphical view
- Set a record as a primary node to see the records linked to it
- Add notes to a record
- Send email messages from a record
- View service targets
Viewing record details
To view the details of the selected records, click Record Details.
The fields that you see in the Record Details section, depend upon the access that the system administrator has provided. For more information, see Configuring SmartViews.
The following figure shows the options available in the Record Details section:
Opening the embedded SmartView of a record from the Remedyforce Console forms
The SmartView button is available for the forms on the Remedyforce Console. Clicking this button enables you to open the embedded smart view of the record in a full screen mode on the form itself. The following figure shows the embedded SmartView of a record from the Remedyforce Console form:
When you are viewing the record in SmartView, the Save button, the Assign to me option, and the Actions and Agent Tools drop-down menus are disabled.
The following are the limitations for SmartViews:
- Incidents linked to an incident are not displayed.
- A maximum of 100 related records can be displayed under each grouped node on the graph. For example, if 120 problems and 116 tasks are related to an incident, only 100 problems and 100 tasks are displayed in the SmartView for the incident.
- In the Record Details section, fields of type Text Area (Rich), Multi-Picklist, and Dependent Picklist are not supported. BMC recommends that you do not add these fields in the SmartViews field set.
- If you display the Template field in the Record Details section, you cannot update the template for a change request, release, or task. For incidents, the selected template values will be reflected in the record only after you save the record.
- Lookup filters are not supported.
- Only the Date, DateTime, Number, Email, Text, Text area, Picklist, and Lookup type custom fields can be edited using SmartViews. The other type of fields are only visible in a read-only mode.
- The tree view is not supported in the category lookup window.
- Only the first 20 records are displayed in the lookup option. You can use the search functionality in same window if a record is not available in the initial list.
- When you click Print from SmartViews, only those items that are displayed on the screen are printed. To print the entire diagram, click Export or use the zoom out option to display the entire diagram on the screen and then click Print. To print the entire record details, click Actions > Print.
- After you use the Export option, the exported .png file displays nodes in the same state as diagram, that is, the collapsed nodes are displayed as collapsed and expanded nodes are displayed as expanded.
- If you add fields related to the parent object on the SmartViews page, the SmartViews page does not work.
- When you use the type ahead option for the To and Cc fields while sending emails through Activity Feed, only the list of users and contacts is displayed. If you want to send emails to leads, use the advanced version of email option or send emails from Actions > Email on the Remedyforce Console form.
- Broadcasts in SmartView will continue to display in the Text Scroll format irrespective of the Broadcast Settings configured in Remedyforce Administration > Application Settings > Consoles.
- Mozilla Firefox has certain limitations due to which you cannot read the entire broadcast on SmartViews. It is recommended to switch to other browser or view it on Remedyforce Console.