Restricting record viewing permissions
If you installed BMC Remedyforce Winter 17 (20.17.01), you get Self Service 3.0 on the Remedyforce Self Service tab. However, if you upgrade to BMC Remedyforce Winter 17, you continue to get Self Service 2.0 on the Remedyforce Self Service tab and also get the option to upgrade to Self Service 3.0.
In Self Service on Salesforce1 mobile app, to view a record created by other users, one of the following conditions must be met:
- The user viewing the record must be higher in the role hierarchy
- The user must have the View All permission on the
You can restrict the users from viewing records that are created by other users by hiding the Others option in the Self Service on Salesforce1 mobile app.
Users with View All permission, can view the records created by other users by navigating to the Tickets and Requests tab of Self Service and selecting the Others option from the View list.
To restrict users from viewing records created by other users
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Application Settings arrow and select Custom Settings.
- In the Action column of Remedyforce Settings, click Manage.
- In the Action column of the propShowOthersIncident_in_SelfService, click Edit.
- In the Value field, enter False.
- Click Save.