Overview of BMC Helix Remedyforce
BMC Helix Remedyforce automates your service desk processes and helps you lower the cost of support operations. BMC Helix Remedyforce is a cloud-enabled service desk with an easy-to-use interface that suits the service needs of many departments.
For more information, see Key concepts.
BMC Helix Remedyforce is a tabbed application. Your primary working area is the Remedyforce Administration tab. You get access to all the tabs by default. Because BMC Helix Remedyforce is developed on the Salesforce platform, you will also need to visit Salesforce administrative pages. Links to most of these pages are provided from the Remedyforce Administration tab.
The Remedyforce Administration tab is further divided into tiles. Each tile groups similar configurations together. For example, the Manage Users tile contains links to all the settings and configurations that are related to users.
Links to Salesforce settings are shown with a + sign. All such pages open in a new browser tab.
In addition to the Home tab, by default, the following tabs are provided to a staff member:
- Remedyforce Console: Primary work area for staff members. This tab shows the following information:
- Service requests
- Change requests
- QuickViews and My Dashboard (if enabled by system administrator)
- Reports: It is a Salesforce tab that shows out-of-the-box reports for staff members.
- Dashboard: It is a Salesforce tab that shows out-of-the-box reports for staff members in chart formats.
- Remedyforce CMDB: This tab enables you to add or modify configuration items related information.
- Knowledge Articles: This tab enables you to add and manage knowledge articles. To enable you publish a knowledge article, ensure that your system administrator selects the Remedyforce Knowledge User check box for your user details in BMC Helix Remedyforce.
- Remedyforce Workspaces: This tab enables you to add and manage clients, templates, accounts, change schedule, service outages, service level agreements, and request definitions.
On the List view page of a module (Incidents, Service Requests, Change Requests, and so on), you get options to add a new record. You can also select one or more records to delete, change owners, link selected records to broadcast, and update other information.
Each record opens in a new sub-tab within the Remedyforce Console tab. The record number is shown as the header of the tab. Records of each module are pre-appended with a unique two-character differentiator. For example, all change request record numbers start with CR.
Trial version of BMC Helix Remedyforce
When you opt for BMC Helix Remedyforce trial version, you get the application installed on a development sandbox. You can populate demo data, and test it. When the testing is complete and satisfactory, upgrade the trial version to production environment.
Note: If you configure the application in the sandbox, you might want to bring the same configurations to the production environment. You can do so by importing data from your sandbox environment to the production environment by using the Pentaho packages provided on BMC Communities. For more information, see Importing BMC Remedyforce configuration data from another Salesforce organization.
If you are new to Salesforce, see Salesforce Help.
BMC Helix Remedyforce is available in the following languages:
- Brazilian Portuguese
To use BMC Helix Remedyforce in any other localized version, use the Salesforce Translation Workbench. For more information, see Localizing BMC Remedyforce.
Accessing other tabs
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Manage Users tile, and from the menu, select Profiles.
- In the Action column for the required profile to which you want to assign more tabs, click Edit.
- In the Custom Tab Settings section, select Default On for the required tabs.
- Click Save.
Your clients get access to the Remedyforce Self Service and Home tabs when they log on to www.login.salesforce.com.