Creating status records
The status of a record tracks its progress from opening to closure. BMC Remedyforce provides two default states: Open and Closed. However, you can track more stages by creating status records and assigning descriptions that accurately describe each stage.
Although you can create multiple status records to assign to the Open and Closed states, you can designate only one state as the default for any given status.
You can also configure out-of-the-box or custom status records as work status only if they apply to the
Incidents object and are assigned to the Open state. The work clock for incident records calculates only the time for which an open incident is assigned to a work status. The Work Status setting enables you to track the total time for which staff members have actively worked on an incident during the business hours of an organization. For example, you can configure the Opened or In Progress status records as work status. In this case, the time spent on an incident in the Opened or In Progress status is considered in the total work time. However, the work clock does not calculate the time spent on that incident in any other status, such as Waiting for Reply or Approval Requested.
You cannot edit or delete system status records.
To create a status record
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Configure Application tile, and from the menu select Status.
- In the status list view, click New.
- In the Status field, type a name for the status record.
- From the Stage list, select the stage that you want to map to the status.
A stage is a visual indicator of the progress of a record from beginning to completion. For example, if you create a status of Assigned, you can select the Acknowledged stage for this status. When a user opens a record with the status of Assigned, the user can see that the record is in the Acknowledged stage.
The following stages are available:
- In Process
- In the State section, select one of the following options:
- Select Open to assign Open as the state of this status record.
- Select Closed to assign Closed as the state of this status record.
- In the Applies To section, select the required object check boxes for which the status that you are creating is applicable.
If you are creating a status record for the
Incidentobject, the Default Link Status check box is enabled.
If you are creating a status record for the
Incidentobject and have assigned the Open state to this record, the Work Status check box is enabled.
- (Optional) Select the Default Status check box to assign the current status as the default status when you create, open, or close applicable records.
You can create multiple status records with the Open and Closed states, but you can designate only one status as the default status. When you select the Default Status check box for the current status record, the default status is removed from the earlier default status record. When you create a new incident, task, problem, change request, release, or broadcast, the forms open with the Status field filled in with the status that is designated as the default Open status. Additionally, when you close an incident, task, problem, change request, release, or broadcast, the Close form appears with the Status field filled in with the status that is designated as the default close status.
- (Optional) To configure the status as the default status applied to the linked incidents when users are linking matching incidents with an incident record, select the Default Link Status check box.
If you select this check box, the status is displayed as the default status in the Set Selections To menu that appears in the Incident Matching window. The Incident Matching window appears when staff members are searching for matching incident records. If you do not configure any status as the default status to be used while linking records, the default status for the Closed state of the
Incidentobject is displayed as the default status in the Incident Matching window.
- (Optional) To add the time spent in this status to the total work time spent on an incident, select the Work Status check box.
The Work Status check box is enabled only if the status record applies to Incidents and is assigned to the Open state. For information about how the Work Status check box enables you to track the total work time that staff members spend on incidents, see Tracking the total work time spent on incidents.
- Click Save.
If the Remedyforce Console tab is open, refresh the tab to see the new status in the Status list.
(Optional) To designate the current record as inactive, select the Inactive check box.
Records marked as inactive are not included in searches performed on the database.