Creating incidents by using Chatter
You can create incidents by using the Chatter tab or Chatter Desktop.
You must meet the following requirements before you can use Chatter to create an incident:
- You must be able to access Chatter from the Chatter tab provided in Salesforce.
- Chatter must be enabled in your Salesforce organization and BMC Remedyforce application. For more information about enabling Chatter, contact your system administrator.
When you see the following message on a Chatter group, you can create an incident by posting a Chatter post for the group with configured hashtag in the post:
If you use the following words beginning with "#" in your post, a ticket will automatically be created for you: ITHelp,PrinterIssue For example, I have issues, #ITHelp.
Ensure that your post contains at least one appropriate hashtag, preceded with a hash symbol (#), as configured for the specific group.
Consider the following points before you use Chatter to create an incident:
- If multiple hashtags are configured for a group, an incident is created if any one of the hashtags matches the hashtag entered in the Chatter post.
- If multiple hashtags are used in a Chatter post, the first hashtag is matched and is used to create the incident.
- The matching of hashtags is not case sensitive.
- Chatter polls, user status updates, and comments are not monitored for hashtags.
- Any comment that is made on the original Chatter post is not updated in the incident.
- You can follow the incident record and see the updates to the fields in your Chatter Feed. Contact your system administrator to follow the updates made to the incident record and enable feed tracking for any field of the
incidentobject so that you see the updates to the fields in your Chatter Feed.
- There is a limit on the number of records that you can follow in your Salesforce organization. For more information, see Salesforce Help.
To create an incident by using Chatter
- Click the Chatter tab.
Type the message that you want to post.
The message must contain at least one hashtag that is preceded with #. Hashtags are keywords that are configured by the system administrator for a group. For example, if Network is a hashtag that is configured for your group, you can post the following message:
I have issues with #Network.
Alternatively, you can create an incident by posting a message in a specific group in Chatter > Groups.
- In the To list, select A group.
- Type part of the group name, or select the group from the list.
In the Salesforce Lightning and Classic UIs, only one attachment is added to the incident.
When the hashtag in the Chatter post matches the hashtag configured in any of the Chatter listeners for that group, an incident is created. An automated response, which is configured by the system administrator, is added as a comment to the Chatter post. For example:
Incident #00028892 has been created. Here is the link to the record: https://BMCServiceDesk.cs15.visual.force.com/a2Ve00000000D4CEAU
The original Chatter post is copied to the incident. The copied Chatter post appears in the Incident Chatter Feed and in your Chatter Feed. You can view your Chatter Feed by navigating to Chatter > Feed.
As a staff member, you can see this Chatter post on the incident along with any links or attachments that were added in the original Chatter post.