Configuring the sequence of linked records in the manifest
You can order tasks and change requests linked to a record by using the record manifest. The manifest is available after you save a record. The manifest provides a tabular view of all the tasks and change requests that are linked to a record. You can order linked tasks and change requests and also associate record status with those tasks and change requests.
The following table displays the records that you can link from the manifest:
|Incident Manifest (for Incidents and Service Requests modules)|
Overview of the manifest
You can use the manifest to establish a sequence for how the linked tasks and change requests must be carried out during the lifecycle of a record.
You can also associate a record status with the linked tasks and change requests to ensure that before the record moves to another status, all the tasks and change requests with which the current status is associated are closed. For example, with tasks T1 and T2 and change request C1, Opened incident status is associated. In this case, you cannot change the status of the incident to In Progress or any other status until T1, T2, and C1 are closed.
The tasks that are defined in the template but are not yet created are displayed with Pending Creation status (referred to as future tasks). You can create such tasks if you create a record by using a template. The order number of future tasks must be greater than the order number of the already-created tasks of the template.
If the linked tasks and change requests are ordered in the template that is used to create the record and you set different order numbers for those tasks and change requests in the manifest, the ordering done in the manifest is followed.
The following data about the tasks, change requests, incidents, and service requests are displayed in the manifest:
|Record Item||Record ID|
|Item ID||Task or change request ID|
|Description||Description of task or change request|
|Status||Status of the task or change request|
|Due Date||Due date of the task or change request|
|Priority||Priority of the task or change request|
|Assigned To||The user to whom the task or change request is assigned|
|Record Status||Status of the record to which the task or change request is linked|
|Order||Sequence number of a task or change request for a particular incident or service request|
rder linked tasks and change requests and associate record statusTo o
This section provides steps to order linked tasks and change requests and associate record status with required tasks and change requests.
- Click the Remedyforce Console tab.
- From the View menu, select the appropriate module, such as Incidents.
- From the list of records, click the record for which you want to set up order numbers for linked tasks or change requests.
- From the Agent Tools menu, select Record Manifest, such as Incident Manifest.
If the Record Manifest option is not available in the Agent Tools menu, contact your system administrator.
All the linked tasks and change requests are displayed in a tabular format.
- To set the order number of a task or change request, click the cell of the task or change request in the Order Number column and select the order number.
The selected order number defines the sequence number in which the task or change request is performed.
- To associate a status with tasks and change requests, click the cell of the required task or change request in the Record Status column and select the required status.
Remember the following points while setting up order number of a task or change request and associating a status:
- When you update the status of a record, all the tasks and change requests from the current status must be completed. For example, if you changed the status of a record from Assigned to In progress, then all the tasks of the Assigned status must be complete.
- The order number of future tasks must be greater than the order number of the already-created tasks.
- If you are ordering one future task, ensure that you order all the future tasks.
- It is allowed that you order a task and change request, but not select an record status. However, if you select a record status with a task or change request, you must set order also.
- A task or change request must be performed or implemented when the selected record status is active.
If a layout is assigned, the user can see only the statuses that are assigned to that layout. In case, the user changes the assigned layout, and selects a different layout that has different assigned statuses, then only the status that the user had selected from the previous record is displayed. However, if the user changes the status, the previous status is not displayed in the Status drop-down list, after the record form is saved.
- (Optional) To export the list of linked tasks and change requests to a CSV file format, click Export.
- (Optional) To print the list of linked tasks and change requests, click Print.
- Click Save.