Configuring Smart Suggestions for the Remedyforce Console
To provide staff members with quick-and-easy access to relevant information while working on an incident in the Remedyforce Console, you, as the system administrator, can enable and configure Smart Suggestions feature for Remedyforce Console. If you enable the Smart Suggestions feature, relevant information might be displayed on a Smart Suggestions pane when a staff member is working on an incident. The Smart Suggestions pane is displayed at the bottom of the Incident form. Depending on how you have configured Smart Suggestions, the Smart Suggestions pane may display the following relevant records:
- Knowledge articles
Staff members can browse the available knowledge articles, incidents, broadcasts, and templates, and link the relevant records to the incident.
The following topics are provided:
Considerations for configuring Smart Suggestions
Note the following important points about Smart Suggestions:
- Smart Suggestions feature is available only for open and active incident records in the Remedyforce Console.
Smart Suggestions feature is not available for service requests in the Remedyforce Console.
- If a staff member opens an incident on which a template is applied, suggestions are displayed only if the Allow applying of templates on an existing record check box is selected (Remedyforce Administration > Application Settings > General Application Settings > Template Settings).
- If a staff member applies a template from Smart Suggestions, the Replace form field values with template field values check box (Remedyforce Administration > Application Settings > General Application Settings > Template Settings) setting is considered.
- If a staff member applies a template or broadcast from Smart Suggestions, the selected template or broadcast is applied only if the Template and Broadcast fields are present on the form.
- If a staff member chooses to copy text from a knowledge article or link to the Resolution field, the knowledge article is also linked to the incident after the record is saved.
- If a record is locked by another user, suggestions are not displayed.
- In the Smart Suggestions pane, the columns in the list view for matching knowledge articles, templates, and broadcasts are fixed and cannot be customized.
- In searches for suggested templates, keywords are not searched in the following field types:
- Check box
How results are displayed for Smart Suggestions
The smart suggestions are displayed based on the values that the staff member enters and selects in the fields of the incident form. For more information, see:
By default, a maximum of 10 records for each type can be displayed in the Smart Suggestions pane; and at a given time, a maximum of 50 records can be displayed in the Smart Suggestions pane.
Display of matching knowledge articles, broadcasts, and templates
Smart Suggestions search for matching knowledge articles, broadcasts, and templates based on the values in the Category and Description fields of an incident record.
The following table provides information about how smart suggestions are displayed if the selected category is Hardware and the description entered is Laptop Crashed:
|Value entered in field||Smart Suggestions|
The precedence of the results displayed for Smart Suggestions:
|Category and Description||The precedence of the results displayed for Smart Suggestions:|
All knowledge articles, broadcasts, and templates that contain Laptop and Crashed in any of the text type fields are displayed.
Display of matching incidents
Matching incidents are displayed based on the values in two or more matching fields from the Incident Matching field set which are linked with an "and" condition. For more information, see Configuring fields to search for matching incidents. If two or more matching fields from the Incident Matching field set are unavailable, matching incidents are displayed based on a smart algorithm.
You must consider the following points about Smart Suggestions for matching incidents:
- In an upgrade, the Smart Suggestions pane displays only active incidents, and does not display any service requests. However, if you are upgrading from an earlier version in which you have not segregated the incidents and service requests modules in the Remedyforce Console, the Smart Suggestions pane may display both active incidents and service requests. The Smart Suggestions feature is not supported in the Service Request form.
- For an opened incident record, staff members can select the matching incidents from the Smart Suggestions pane and link as a parent incident, or child incidents. For more information, see linking matching incidents.
- In the Smart Suggestions pane, the columns in the list view for matching incidents are displayed based on the fields that you have configured on the Column Headers field set of the
Incidentobject. By default, the Number and Parent columns are displayed in the list view, and cannot be removed. For more information, see Configuring columns in a list view in the Remedyforce Console.
- For the Phone field, the exact value entered by the staff member is used for displaying matching incidents. If you update the locale to English (United States) or English (Canada), the formatted value for the Phone field is automatically formatted based on the selected locale.
- Smart Suggestions for matching incidents are not supported for the external lookup fields, encrypted text, Long Text Area, and text in Rich Text Format (RTF).
- Smart Suggestions searches for, and displays matching incidents based on formula fields only after the incident is saved.
- If any Text Area (Rich) field is included in the Column Headers fieldset, and that field contains text and images, only text is displayed on the Smart Suggestions list view; images are not displayed.
How Smart Suggestions for matching incidents differs from Incident Matching in the Agent Tools menu
The Smart Suggestions feature for matching incidents, and the incident matching feature from the Agent Tools menu of an incident are similar; both these features enable a staff member to find similar incidents that have been reported for an issue. For more information, see Searching for matching incidents. The following table lists the differences between these two features:
|Smart Suggestions for matching incidents||Incident matching from the Agent Tools menu|
Staff members do not have the ability to apply any filter on the matching incidents.
From the Match By list in the Incident Matching window, staff members have the ability to filter matching incidents by selecting the required fields.
|Matching incidents are displayed based on the values in two or more matching fields from the Incident Matching field set which are linked with an "and" condition. If two or more matching fields from the Incident Matching field set are unavailable, matching incidents are displayed based on a smart algorithm.||Matching incidents are displayed only based on the fields configured from the Incident Matching field set.|
|For selecting the status of child incidents, the Searchicon is displayed.||For selecting the status of child incidents, the icon is displayed.|
|The pagination feature is not available.||The pagination feature is available.|
|Fields in the RTF format are displayed in the plain text.||Fields in the RTF format are displayed in the rich text format.|
To configure Smart Suggestions
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Application Settings tile, and from the menu select Consoles.
- On the Consoles tab, click Configure Smart Suggestions.
- On the Configure Smart Suggestions tab, select the Enable Smart Suggestions check box.
In the Show Smart Suggestions for section, select the appropriate check boxes for which you want to enable smart suggestions.
If you select any check boxes from the Show Smart Suggestions for section, and clear the Enable Smart Suggestions check box, the selected check boxes appear disabled.
- Click the Save icon.