Configuring availability of common requests
You can configure which incident templates and service request definitions are available to Self Service users as common requests. Self Service users can use these common requests to request help when they face an issue or require a service. Common requests speed up data entry, improve data accuracy, and ensure consistent reporting.
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Configure Self Service tile, and from the menu select Common Requests.
- Select the template type that you are configuring - Incident Templates or Request Definitions.
- In the Available Common Requests list, select the common requests that you want to make available to Self Service users.
- To move the selected common requests from the Available Common Requests list to the Selected Common Requests list, click the right arrow.
(Optional) To prevent Self Service users from using common requests, select the common requests in the Selected Common Requests list and click the left arrow.
Double-clicking a template in a list acts as a toggle to move common requests back and forth between the Available Common Requests and Selected Common Requests lists.
Define the display order in which the common requests appear to Self Service users by selecting the required common request, and clicking the up and down arrows to define the position (display order) of a common request. You can also click the top or bottom arrow to move a common request to the top or bottom of the list.
Display order defined by administrators Common requests displayed in Self Service
The configured display order is applied for the common requests based on the following conditions:
The Display service request definitions and incident templates together
check box under Remedyforce Administration > Service Requests is selected?
The configured display order is applied
if an organization contains less than 50 templates/SRDs?
The configured display order is applied if an organization contains more than 50 templates/SRDs?
Yes Yes Yes
Note: Self Service displays only the first 50 templates/SRDs.
No Yes No
Note: Self Service displays only the first 50 templates/SRDs in the following sequence:
- Templates/SRDs that are assigned to all profiles
Templates/SRDs that are assigned to specific profiles