Configuring advanced settings
As a tenant administrator or an editor, you can configure the following advanced settings for dashboards:
- General settings, where you can add a descriptions and tags, or you can change the dashboard folder. You can also specify time options or select a graph tool option for the dashboards.
- Dashboard permissions
You can also view the JSON models of dashboards.
To learn about the concept of dashboards, see Setting up dashboards.
To configure general dashboard settings
As a tenant administrator or an editor, you can configure the general dashboard settings. To configure the general settings, do the following:
- On a dashboard, click the Dashboard settings icon
The General tab opens by default. in the upper right corner.
- On the General page, do any of these optional tasks:
- Add a description for the dashboard, add tags, or change the folder where the dashboard is saved. If you do not want other users to edit the dashboard, toggle the Editable button.
- Specify the time options. If you want to hide the time picker on the dashboard, toggle the Hide time picker button.
- Select a different graph tool tip option.
- In the left navigation pane, click Save dashboard.
You can also delete a dashboard from this page. For information about the other ways to delete a dashboard, see Configuring dashboards, panels, and queries.
To add dashboard permissions
As a tenant administrator or an editor, you can add dashboard permissions and assign them to the users or teams configured in the system.
To add permissions, do the following:
- On a dashboard, click the Dashboard settings icon in the upper right corner.
- On the left navigation bar, click Permissions.
- On the Permissions page, click Add Permission.
- From the first list box, select one of the following options:
- A team
- A specific user
- All users with the Viewer role
- All users with the Editor role
- Depending on your selection, select the next option and the permission.
- Click Save.
- On the left navigation pane, click Save dashboard.
To view the JSON model
As a tenant administrator, an editor, or a viewer, you can view the JSON model of a dashboard. To view the JSON model of a dashboard, click the Dashboard settings iconfor the dashboard, and click JSON Model.
If you make any changes to the model, click Save Changes, and then click Save dashboard on the left navigation pane.