Enabling association of an Incident ticket to a configuration item
If you are using the Server Incident Enrichment use case, you must also perform one of the following workarounds to enable the association of an Incident ticket to a configuration item (CI).
Currently, BMC Server Automation Integration for Atrium inserts CIs into the CMDB with either a default categorization or Best Practices categorizations. These categorizations are five fields for each class; Item, Category, Type, Manufacturer, and Model. Because BMC Server Automation Integration for Atrium populates all five fields, and the Product Catalog does not have all the five fields, the Incident is not associated to the CI.
Use one of the following workarounds:
- Add the Manufacturer and Model fields data into the Product Catalog, so that the assignment of Incident to CI in Incident Management is successful. The steps on how to update the Product Catalog can be found in the section "Working with product catalog information" in the BMC Remedy IT Service Management 7.6.00 Configuration Guide.
- After BMC Server Automation Integration for Atrium is installed, perform the following steps:
- Open the BMC Atrium Integrator console.
- Go to CI Class Mappings.
- Open the BL_PULL_COMPUTERSYS_CO mapping.
- Go to the Data Field Mapping tab.
- Remove the ManufacturerName to MANUFACTURER mapping.Remove the Model to MODEL mapping.
- Save and close the mappings form.
These steps avoid populating the Manufacturer and Model in the CI that is going to be inserted by BMC Atrium Integrator.