BMC BladeLogic Automation Suite 8.5
This space contains information about the BMC BladeLogic Automation Suite 8.5 release.
This space documents data center automation use cases related to the BMC BladeLogic Automation Suite. While the space describes some use cases in detail, for many it provides only high-level descriptions. This space only provides information for cross-product solutions. For information specifically about BMC Server Automation, see the BMC Server Automation documentation online technical documentation.
To stay informed of changes to this space, place a watch on this page.
The following updates have been added since the release of the space:
|July 07, 2014||Service packs and patches||Enhancements available in version 8.5.01|
February 24, 2014
Enhancements available in version 8.5.00
You can create a custom PDF of this release notes and notices branch.
Creating PDF and Word exports
You can create a PDF of a page or a set of pages. (Non-English page exports are not supported.) You can also create a Word document of the current page.
To export to PDF or Word
- From the Tools menu in the upper-right, select a format:
- Export to Word to export the current page to Word format
- Export to PDF to export the current page or a set of pages to PDF
- If exporting to PDF, select what you want to export:
- Only this page to export the current page
- This page and its children to export a set of pages
Implementing the BMC Continuous Compliance for Server Automation solution.
Implementing the BMC Continuous Compliance for Network Automation solution.
Implementing the BMC Continuous Compliance for Database Automation solution.
Implementing the server software compliance solution.
Implementing the Configuration Automation solution.
Issues resolution, error messages, logs, and contacting Support.
Frequently asked questions
This section provides answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) about BMC BladeLogic Automation Suite.
The following table describes where you can find information previously provided in release notes.
Type of information
Found here in
New features (enhancements) and other information
Technical bulletins contained information delivered after a product was released, often in conjunction with a service pack or patch for that release.
Where to find information previously provided in a technical bulletin
Type of technical bulletin
Found here in
Contents of a service pack or patch and instructions particular to it
Placed in context throughout this space, but listed and linked to in Technical bulletins. You will not have this topic in the first release of the product such as 8.5.00.
Flashes contained urgent information about product issues and are delivered after a product is released. On docs.bmc.com, this information is delivered in an "Urgent issues" topic, under Release notes and notices . If this topic does not exist for a given product release, no urgent issues have been discovered for that release.
- From the Tools menu, select Export to PDF.
The Export to PDF menu is displayed with preconfigured export settings.
Export to PDF menu
- Choose an export setting and click Start Export (The recommended setting for most exports is the space-specific BMC Standard (with child pages)). You will be prompted to download your completed PDF when the export process is finished.
- Choose Customize Settings and continue to follow these steps if you want to perform advanced PDF customization.
- Select a template (for example, BMC Standard).
- Select the topics to export:
- This page and its children exports the current topic and all child topics in that branch. If you are on the Home page, you will export all topics in that space.
- Only this page exports only the currently-viewed topic.
- This page and all children with label exports all pages in that branch (or space, if you are on the Home page) that contain a given label.
- Select from the other available options on this tab:
- TOC macros includes a Tables of Contents that list headings in longer topics.
- Children macros includes a list of links to child topics on some top-level topics.
- Replace thumbnails expands the images that are shown in a small size in a topic.
- In the PDF Properties tab, select to add a title and other information to the exported PDF.
- In the Linking tab, select how you want exported links to behave.
- Click Start Export to begin the export process.
Your last export settings will be remembered and you will be able to create another export with those settings without having to re-configure your PDF again.
Depending on the number of topics included in the export, it might take several minutes to create the PDF. Once the export is complete, you can download the PDF.
Additional resources from BMC
The following BMC sites provide information outside of the BMC BladeLogic Automation Suite 8.5 documentation that you might find helpful: