The topic describes how to use the GUI installation program to upgrade the BMC Atrium Orchestrator Health and Value Dashboard component.
Before you begin
- You must have upgraded the repository and a configuration distribution peer (CDP).
- The authentication system and the repository must be running.
- You must have shut down the CDP service and it is recommended that you shut down the OCP (see Starting and stopping product components and services).
- You must have downloaded the installation files from the BMC EPD website.
- You must be logged on as an administrator and have administrator rights on the computer on which you install the dashboard.
- On Microsoft Windows, you must have administrator permissions.
- On Linux and Solaris, any non-root user with write permission to the /opt/bmc directory can perform the installation.
On Linux and Solaris, the non-root user must also have permission to run the following commands:
dmidecode -t 1 | grep Manufacturer
- You must have completed the Dashboards worksheet for upgrades from 7.9.00 with RSSO to 7.9.01 with RSSO to record any changes to your system settings.
- Back up copies of the dashboard property files (see To back up dashboard property files).
- If you are installing on a Windows computer, ensure that Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is configured to recognize the installation program executable (see Configuring DEP on Windows computers before upgrades).
- If you are upgrading on a Linux computer, run the rngd service to ensure that the system has adequate entropy (Run the rngd service on Linux computers before upgrades).
- You must have exited all other programs.
To back up dashboard property files
In these instructions, AO_HOME represents the dashboard installation location.
Make a backup of the two dashboard property files in the AO_HOME/tomcat/webapps/baodashboard/WEB-INF/classes directory: gridmap.properties and gridhosts.properties. Store them in a different location. You can reuse them when you configure the environment to use the dashboards after the installation.
If you are upgrading from 7.8.x, also make a backup of the hdb.properties file (in the same directory).
To upgrade the dashboards
- Navigate to and start the installation program for your operating system. See Performing the installation for the installation program names.
- On the splash screen, select the language in which to view the installation program, and click OK.
- On the Welcome panel, review the information and click Next.
- On the license agreement panel, select I agree to the terms of the license agreement, and click Next.
- On the Installation Type panel, select Upgrade an existing install, and click Next.
- Using the upgrade worksheet, enter settings to upgrade the dashboard.
The installation program verifies the communication with the repository. If it detects any invalid or conflicting information, it halts the installation process and displays an error message that describes the problem. After you provide valid values, the installation continues.
- Click Yes when prompted to restart the server and then click Next.
- When you have finished reviewing the installation preview in the Installation Choices Summary panel, click Install.
- When the installation finishes successfully, click Done.
Where to go from here
Replace the gridmap.properties and gridhosts.properties files with your backed up copies. For information about the properties in these files, see Configuring your environment to use BMC Atrium Orchestrator dashboards.
For upgrades from 7.8.x , replace the hdb.properties file. For information about this file, see Changing dashboard and report default settings.