This topic describes how to use the GUI installation to upgrade a lightweight activity peer (LAP).
Before you begin
- You must have upgraded the primary configuration distribution peer (CDP).
- If you are using an external Remedy Single Sign-On instance, it must be installed and running.
- The repository and the primary CDP must be running.
- You must have shut down the LAP service (see Starting and stopping product components and services).
- You must have downloaded the installation files from the BMC EPD website.
- You must have completed the LAP worksheet for upgrades from 7.7.x, 7.8.x, and 7.9.00 with ASSO to 7.9.01 with RSSO.
- You must be logged on as an administrator and have administrator rights on the computer where you will upgrade the LAP.
- If you are installing on a Windows computer, ensure that Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is configured to recognize the installation program executable (see Configuring DEP on Windows computers before upgrades).
- Ensure that you have made copies of server.xml and broker-config.xml files and stored them in a safe location (see Backing up server.xml and broker-config.xml files).
- If you are upgrading on a Linux computer, run the rngd service to ensure that the system has adequate entropy (Run the rngd service on Linux computers before upgrades).
- You must have exited all other programs.
To upgrade an LAP
- Navigate to and start the installation program for your operating system. See Performing the installation for the installation program names.
- On the splash screen, select the language in which to view the installation program, and click OK.
- On the Welcome panel, read the information and click Next.
- At the license agreement panel, select I agree to the terms of the License Agreement, and click Next.
- On the Installation Type panel, select Upgrade an existing Install, and click Next.
- Using the LAP upgrade worksheet, enter the settings for the LAP component.
- On the Installation Choices Summary panel, review your settings and click Install.
- Click Yes when prompted to restart the server and then click Next.
- When the installation finishes successfully, click Done.