In this task, you verify the tasks that you have performed so far and save the results of the test as sample data to use in the next task, creating a second Assign activity.
Before you begin
To test the workflow, you must know the name that was assigned to the ro-adapter-command-line adapter when it was configured on the grid. If you do not know the name, you can use the Grid Manager Manage> Adapters tab to find the name.
Adapter names are case-sensitive. Ensure that you know the exact name that was used when the adapter was configured.
To test the workflow
- In the BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio toolbar below the menu bar, click ExecuteProcessAction
If you have not already logged on to the grid, BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio displays the Login dialog box. BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio uses the peers and adapters on the grid to test the process.
- If you have not already logged on to the grid, log on. Otherwise, proceed to step 3.
- In the Execution Mode dialog box, select Test as if triggered by a rule, schedule or SOAP; and then click OK.
- In the Job Input Parameters dialog box, double-click in the Value field for the adapter name parameter and type the name that was assigned to the ro-adapter-command-line adapter when it was configured on the grid.
- Double-click in the Value field for the directory command parameter, and type the appropriate command for your operating system.
For this example, type dir in the Value field.
- Double-click in the Value field for the directory name parameter, and type the name of the directory that you want to list.
For this example, type c:\ , as shown in the following figure.
Example input parameters for testing the workflow
- Click OK.
BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio runs the List directory workflow. The console window is opened below the design canvas, and the Process Log tab displays the results of the execution. These are the same results that are posted to the processes.log file when the workflow is run on the grid. On the design canvas, the Assign activity and the Call Adapter activity have brown boxes around them to indicate that they have been executed.
- Verify that the last line in the console window is
The process terminated in the completed state.
This message indicates that the process that you created ran to completion.
Do not clear or close the console window.
- (optional) Review the contents of the console window.
This is the information that would have been written to the log file if the workflow had been run on the grid.
The adapter request that was sent to the adapter on the grid is shown immediately after "Before Execution".
The response from the adapter is shown immediately after "After Execution".
To gather sample data for the second Assign activity
- Open a text editor and create a blank document.
- Copy the entire contents of the console window's Process Log tab and paste it in the blank document.
- Save the document as process_sample.txt.
- (optional) Review the contents of the process_sample.txt file.
- (optional) If you ran the workflow on a Windows computer, in the process_sample.txt file, change every instance of <DIR> to <DIR>
The transform editor that you use when creating the second Assign activity would treat <DIR> as badly formed XML. This step replaces it with equivalent valid XML.
- Save the process_sample.txt file.
- In the console window, click Clear and then click Close.