Installing the Operator Control Panel
This topic describes how to use the GUI installation program to install the BMC Atrium Orchestrator Operator Control Panel application. This web application enables you to manipulate and control workflow execution.
If you are installing a non-English version of the Operator Control Panel, you must install it separately from the CDP. You must install the non-English OCP and CDP on separate Tomcat servers.
Before you begin
- You must have installed and completed any required configuration of the authentication system, the repository, and a configuration distribution peer (CDP).
If you opted to install the embedded version of RSSO, it was set up during the installation.
- The repository, the primary CDP, and the authentication product must be running.
- You must ensure that the target computer meets the minimum system requirements for your environment.
- You must have completed the Operator Control Panel installation worksheet.
- You must be logged on as an administrator and have administrator rights on the computer on which you install the Operator Control Panel.
- On Microsoft Windows, you must have administrator permissions.
- On Linux and Solaris, any non-root user with write permission to the /opt/bmc directory can perform the installation.
On Linux and Solaris, the non-root user must also have permission to run the following commands:
dmidecode -t 1 | grep Manufacturer
- If you are installing on a Windows computer, ensure that Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is configured to recognize the installation program executable.
- If you are installing on a Linux computer, run the rngd service to ensure that the system has adequate entropy (Run the rngd service on Linux computers).
- You must have exited all other programs.
To install the Operator Control Panel
- Navigate to and start the installation program for your operating system. See Performing the installation for the installation program names.
- On the splash screen, select the language in which to view the installation program, and click OK.
- On the Welcome to BMC Atrium Orchestrator panel, review the information and click Next.
- On the license agreement panel, select I agree to the terms of the license agreement; then click Next.
- On the Installation Type panel, select Install new Orchestrator components; then click Next.
- Using the BMC Atrium Orchestrator Operator Control Panel installation worksheet, enter the settings for the BMC Atrium Orchestrator Operator Control Panel component.
The installation program validates communication with the grid and the CDP Communications Setting panel shows the connection success or failure message.
- Review the information on the Installation Choices Summary panel, and click Copy Text to Clipboard to copy the summary of the connection details for further use.
- Click Install.
- On the Installation Summary panel, perform one of the following actions:
- To exit the installation program, click Done.
- To review the BAO_install_log.txt file, click View Log, and then click Done to exit the installation program.
Where to go from here
Before accessing the BMC Atrium Orchestrator Operator Control Panel application, ensure that you have installed a supported version of the required Internet software on the client computer.
For software requirements and compatibility information for this release of BMC Atrium Orchestrator, see BMC Solution and Product Availability and Compatibility Utility (SPAC requires a Support login). Log in using your support ID, search for BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform and choose the current release to display compatibility information.
See the System hardware requirements for other system requirements.