Installing the Dashboards
This topic describes how to use the GUI installation program to install the BMC Atrium Orchestrator Health and Value Dashboard component.
Before you begin
- You must have installed and completed any required configuration of the authentication system, the repository, and a configuration distribution peer (CDP).
If you opted to install the embedded version of RSSO, it was set up during the installation.
- The repository, the primary CDP, and the authentication system must be running.
- You must ensure that the target computer meets the minimum system requirements for your environment.
- You must have completed the Dashboard installation worksheet.
- You must be logged on as an administrator and have administrator rights on the computer on which you install the dashboard.
- On Microsoft Windows, you must have administrator permissions.
- On Linux and Solaris, any non-root user with write permission to the /opt/bmc directory can perform the installation.
On Linux and Solaris, the non-root user must also have permission to run the following commands:
dmidecode -t 1 | grep Manufacturer
- If you are installing on a Windows computer, ensure that Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is configured to recognize the installation program executable (Configuring DEP on Windows computers).
- If you are installing on a Linux computer, run the rngd service to ensure that the system has adequate entropy (Run the rngd service on Linux computers).
- You will need a JDBC driver to use the Value dashboard and have access to historical data in the Health dashboard. After installing the dashboards, see Where to go from here for the next steps, which include more details about this.
To install the Dashboard
- Navigate to and start the installation program for your operating system. See Performing the installation for the installation program names.
- On the splash screen, select the language in which to view the installation program, and click OK.
- On the Welcome to BMC Atrium Orchestrator panel, review the information and click Next.
- On the license agreement panel, select I agree to the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
- On the Installation Type panel, select Install new Orchestrator components and click Next.
- Using the Dashboard installation worksheet, enter the settings for the Dashboard component and click Next.
- Review the information on the Installation Choices Summary panel, and click Copy Text to Clipboard to copy the summary of the connection details for further use.
- Click Install.
- On the Installation Summary panel, perform one of the following actions:
- To exit the installation program, click Done.
- To review the BAO_install_log.txt file, click View Log, and then click Done to exit the installation program.
To verify the installation
Check that the dashboard service is running using the instructions in Verifying a peer or embedded RSSO installation.
Where to go from here
Configure your environment for the dashboards (see Configuring your environment to use BMC Atrium Orchestrator dashboards).
To use the Value dashboard and have access to historical data in the Health dashboard, you must turn on metrics collection for more information on metrics) and configure the connection to the external database. BMC Atrium Orchestrator must have access to the JDBC driver for the database that you are configuring. Configuring your environment to use BMC Atrium Orchestrator dashboards introduces this requirement and directs you to instructions.