This topic describes how to use the GUI installation program to install the BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio component.
Before you begin
- BMC recommends that you install and configure the CDP and install content before installing Development Studio.
You can install Development Studio before installing the CDP and content, but to use content in Development Studio, you must connect to the grid where you installed the content.
- You must have downloaded the installation files from the BMC Electronic Product Download (EPD) website.
- You must ensure that the target computer meets the minimum system requirements for your environment.
- You must have completed the Development Studio installation worksheet.
- You must be logged on as an administrator and have administrator rights on the computer on which you install Development Studio.
- If you are installing on a Windows computer, ensure that Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is configured to recognize the installation program executable (Configuring DEP on Windows computers).
- You must have exited all other programs.
To install Development Studio
- Navigate to and run the Windows installation command:
- On the Welcome to BMC Atrium Orchestrator panel, review the information and click Next.
- On the license agreement panel, select I agree to the terms of the license agreement; then click Next.
- On the Installation Type panel, select Install a new Development Studio; then click Next.
Using the installation worksheet, fill in the settings to install the BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio component.
On the Workspace Location panel, do not specify a network drive.
If you are installing multiple instances of BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio, you must specify a unique workspace location for each instance.
- Review the information on the Installation Choices Summary panel, and click Copy Text to Clipboard to copy the summary of the connection details for further use.
- Click Install.
- On the Installation Summary panel, perform one of the following actions:
- To exit the installation program, click Done.
- To review the BAO_install_log.txt file, click View Log, and then click Done to exit the installation program.
Where to go from here
To ensure that the installation is successful, launch BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio.
Configure BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio to enable connection between Development Studio, the repository, and Grid Manager.
Using software configuration management systems when creating workflows for information about using configuration management systems with Development Studio.