Each grid contains the following components:
- Activity Processor: Executes processes. Each process consists of a collection of activities that can be executed conditionally, in series, or in parallel.
- Adapter Manager: Manages the adapters configured on the peer and serves as a proxy for any remote calls to adapters located on other peers.
- Configuration: Maintains the current configuration as defined by the configuration distribution peer (CDP) and distributes that information to all components.
- Context: Acts as a memory space for processes running on this peer.
- Health: Manages status information reported in the Status tab. Peers are polled periodically to determine health.
- Job Manager: Monitors the pending queue and assigns processes to an activity processor on a specific peer.
- Library Manager: Supports distribution of grid configurations and content (adapters and modules) throughout the grid. Also supports the history report.
- Metrics: Records process metrics locally and then uploads them to the database that you configure.
- Scheduler: Maintains the schedule of jobs to run.
All applicable peer components must be in a running state for the peer to be fully operational.
The Components tab displays the grid's components and indicates the status of those components for each peer on that grid.
To access the Components tab, click the grid name on the Status tab and then click the Components tab in the center of the page.
The name of the grid is displayed in the upper left corner of the page. The condition of the components for peers on the grid is displayed in a matrix, with the components listed down the left side and the configured peers for the grid across the top.
Peer components can have a status of Running, Stopped, Fault State, Master, or Not Applicable. Through normal grid operations, the role of Master is automatically assigned to a specific peer for one or more components. These assignments are dynamic and change as needed based on the status of the grid and its peers. One component can be the Master on one peer while another component is Master on a different peer. You cannot assign a Master role for a peer component. The Master components for the Context, Health, Job Manager, Library Manager, and Scheduler are indicated with an asterisk (*) to the left of the column for the peer that is currently serving that role.
The Not Applicable status applies to lightweight activity peers (LAPs); these streamlined peers do not contain all BMC Atrium Orchestrator components. LAPs contain only the Adapter Manager, Configuration, Health, and Library Manager components.
If you drill down to the component level immediately after you create the grid, the Master icons might not be present. The Masters require a few moments to be elected, and then their icons are displayed.
You can manually refresh the Components tab by clicking the Refresh icon. Alternatively, select the auto-refresh check box to automatically refresh the status view every 10 seconds.
Click the Back to Main Status link, located in the upper right corner of the page, to return to the Status tab.