Executing a silent installation
To launch the installation program, you use the same command for all components. The options file controls which component is installed and its properties.
You launch the silent installation from the command line and are not prompted for input. On Red Hat Linux or Oracle Solaris operating systems, you can output debug logging to the console window by exporting LAX_DEBUG=true.
Before you begin
- You must have downloaded the installation files from the BMC EPD website.
- You must have created the necessary options files.
- Before executing a silent installation for an HA-CDP, LAP, or AP, you must first add the peer to the grid, as described in Adding peers.
- The installation programs require at least twice as much space in /tmp as the size of the installation program (at least 512 MB). If the amount of available space is not sufficient, use the IATEMPDIR environment variable to set an alternate location for the installation files. For more information about this environment variable, see Configuring an alternate tmp directory.
To install content packages earlier than version 20.15.01, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the AO_HOME/tomcat/conf directory and edit the server.xml file.
- Look for the following line in the file and append the
sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1,TLSv1.1,SSLv2Hello"attribute to the line that starts with <Connector SSLEnabled="true".
It should look like the following example:
<Connector SSLEnabled="true" URIEncoding="UTF-8" clientAuth="false" maxThreads="150" port="28080" protocol="HTTP/1.1" scheme="https" secure="true" sslProtocol="TLS" sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1,TLSv1.1,SSLv2Hello"/>
- Save the file.
- Restart the repository (Starting and stopping product components and services).
- Continue with the content installation as described on this page.
To execute a silent installation
Install the repository component before installing content. When you finish installing the repository component, you can begin installing content to a computer that has network access to the repository.
Navigate to the directory that contains the installation program.
From the command line, execute one of the following commands to start the installation program in silent mode.
When you specify the options file name, specify the full path to the options file; do not specify a path that is relative to the installation program.
See Performing the installation for the installation commands. In the following command lines, replace installCommand with the installation program name.
-i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE="fullPathToOptionsFile/optionsFile"
pathToInstaller\installCommand -i silent
sh ./installCommand -i silent
sh ./installCommand -i silent
pathToInstaller\installCommand -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE="fullPathToOptionsFile/optionsFile"
Type the command carefully. If you type the command incorrectly, you might invoke an installation mode that is unsupported.
- As necessary for your environment, execute the installation program on other computers until you have installed all of the platform components.
Where to go from here
To confirm that the installation is finished, view the installation log files (Viewing installation log files).
When you have finished installing the platform components, verify that the specified platform components were successfully installed (Verifying the installation).