BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform supports the use of BMC Atrium Single Sign-On (ASSO) for existing ASSO users.
BMC Atrium Single Sign-On is not supported for use with BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform 7.9.01 and later versions.
ASSO provides basic user and group management features with the internal Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) server. The ASSO administrator can create, delete, and manage users and group memberships in BMC Atrium Single Sign-On.
BMC Atrium Orchestrator (BAO) uses roles to authorize permission to BAO Platform components and content. While you assign user accounts to groups in ASSO, when granting permissions to BAO components and content, your ASSO groups must be aligned with the associated BAO roles. Create groups in ASSO with the same name as the roles you will use in BAO.
This topic includes the following sections:
To create a user account in ASSO
- Use the following URL to open the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On Admin Console:
- Select bmcRealm, click Edit, and then select the Users tab.
- Click Add.
- In the User Id field, enter a unique identifier for the new user.
This value is used as the user ID when the user logs on.
- Enter the user's last name and full name.
Enter a password and confirm this password.
- In the Status field, verify that the Active button is selected (default).
- Click Save.
To create a group in ASSO
- In the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On Admin Console, select bmcRealm, click Edit, and then select the Groups tab.
- Click Add, and then enter a unique name for the group in the Group Name field.
- Click Save to save the group.
To add a user account to an existing group ASSO
- From the Groups tab, select the check box corresponding to the group name.
- Click Edit.
From the Available Users list, select the user accounts that you want to add to the group, and then click Add.
Alternatively, you can click Add All to add all user accounts to the group.
- Click Save.