Using the Health and Value Dashboards
BMC Atrium Orchestrator includes two dashboards: Health and Value.
The BMC Atrium Orchestrator Health Dashboard provides BMC Atrium Orchestrator administrators with a snapshot view of the health and configuration status of all BMC Atrium Orchestrator components that make up the solution. The Value Dashboard provides the ability to customize reports on the value added with BMC Atrium Orchestrator processes (also called workflows).
BMC Atrium Orchestrator environment can be a complex system that includes a large number of servers, adapters, and workflows. System administrators need to visualize the architecture and understand how well the components in the environment are performing. The Health dashboard provides the following overviews of a BMC Atrium Orchestrator environment and its configuration:
- The health of the host servers in the environment and the peers running on them
- The version of BMC Atrium Orchestrator the peers are running
- The architecture of the machines on which the peers are running
- The adapters, modules, and components associated with the peers and their state
- The adapter instances that are in a fault state and on what peers
- The jobs that are running and how many jobs have been running for a long time
- The active modules
- The components that are currently acting as "master" inside the grid
- How often a process is being run
The BMC Atrium Orchestrator Health Dashboard gathers information about all of the components in your BMC Atrium Orchestrator environment and reports on their health. You can use the dashboard to quickly assess the state of these components.
The Health Dashboard is not a replacement for real-time monitoring. It highlights key health and configuration issues before they impact the solution's performance and availability.
The Value Dashboard provides reports related to the impact of process runs. Reports cover the following information:
- How much time is being saved by running a process
- How much money is being saved by running a process
Administrators can use the Value Dashboard to customize Value reports related to BMC Atrium Orchestrator processes (also known as workflows). Value reports indicate the time or money saved by the process runs that occurred during the reporting period.
There are two types of Value reports:
- Process Metric reports provide data from completed process runs and the process run value is configured during report creation.
- Business Metric reports provide data from process runs for processes that include business metrics.
Administrators can configure the dashboard Home page to display reports of particular interest to the organization, so that users see those reports first when accessing the dashboard.
Where to start
To run the dashboards, see Accessing the dashboards.