The upgrade methods are similar to the methods for installing a new product. You run the installation program from a graphical user interface (GUI) or from a command line. This section provides an overview of the upgrade process and the procedures for performing platform upgrades with the GUI and command-line options.
This version of BMC Atrium Orchestrator does not support the use of custom realms.
- Migrating authentication and authorization data from Access Manager
- Preparing for upgrade
- Performing the upgrade
- Upgrading silently
- Importing certificates into BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform components after upgrades
Before upgradingBefore upgrading, review the following information.
- Before upgrading to 7.6.03 to 7.8.x, ensure that you install BMC Atrium Single Sign-On first. For information about installing BMC Atrium Single Sign-On, see Installing.
- When you upgrade from 7.6.03 to 7.8.x, the Access Manager component is replaced by BMC Atrium Single Sign-On. A migration utility/tool is provided, which exports all authentication data from Access Manager and then allows you to import the data in Grid Manager.
You must run the migration tool before you start with the upgrade. For more information, see Migrating authentication and authorization data from Access Manager.
- Make copies of server.xml and broker-config.xml files before upgrading. For more information, see Backing up server.xml and broker-config.xml files.
- Before upgrading to BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform version 7.8.02 or later, if your BMC Atrium Orchestrator environment will use HTTPS, ensure that your environment supports TLS secure transport protocol.
For a list of supported upgrade paths, see Preparing for upgrade.
A BMC Communities video series demonstrates how to upgrade a basic setup of BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform 7.6.03 to 7.8.01 and upgrading Content on Windows. Some instructions apply only to upgrading 7.6.03 to 7.8.01, but other parts of the upgrade videos apply to upgrading any BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform and Content version.
- Part 1 provides an overview of the new features in 7.8.01, highlights some important differences between 7.6.03 and 7.8.01, provides an overview of the upgrade steps and prerequisites, and demonstrates how to install Atrium Single Sign-On. See Preparing for upgrade.
- Part 2 demonstrates how to upgrade a repository and a component distribution peer (CDP). See Upgrading the repository or Upgrading the CDP.
- Part 3 demonstrates how to demonstrates how to upgrade Development Studio and how to uninstall Access Manager. See Upgrading Development Studio.
- Part 4 demonstrates how to upgrade BMC Atrium Orchestrator Content and how to verify that the content is in the repository. See Upgrading BMC Atrium Orchestrator Content.
Troubleshooting BMC Atrium Single Sign-On problems for issues related to SSO upgrades and registering agents after an upgrade.
Configuring BMC Atrium Orchestrator to use HTTPS for information about converting from HTTP to HTTPS.