Performing the installation
You can use the graphical user interface (GUI) installation to install BMC Atrium Single Sign-On, BMC Atrium Orchestrator server, BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio, and content components. This wizard-like interface enables you to provide configuration settings as you traverse a series of panels. At the end of the installation process, a completion panel enables you to access the installation log file.
This version of BMC Atrium Orchestrator does not support the use of custom realms.
Before you start the GUI installation process, use the installation worksheets to help you gather the required input information.
After you install the repository, you can begin installing content, which includes modules, adapters, and run books.
- Check the Release notes and notices area for information about service packs, patches, and content versions that are available for BMC Atrium Orchestrator.
- Review Preparing for installation and ensure that you have performed the required pre-installation steps.
- Before installing BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform version 7.8.02 or later, if your BMC Atrium Orchestrator environment will use HTTPS, ensure that your environment supports TLS secure transport protocol.
This section includes the following topics:
- Installing BMC Atrium Single Sign-On
- Installing the repository
- Installing a CDP
- Installing Development Studio
- Installing an AP
- Installing an LAP
- Installing a CDP as a high-availability CDP
- Installing the dashboards
- Installing the Operator Control Panel
- Installing BMC Atrium Orchestrator Content
The following table lists the installation program names to install the components. When following instructions to install a component, use these programs.
If you are installing a component on Windows, ensure that you run setup.cmd and not setup.jar.
You should not launch the installer from the product ZIP file (Downloading the installation files). If the ZIP file is not extracted, first extract the files and then run setup.cmd to launch the installer.
|Component||Installation program name|
Only for installation on Windows.
A BMC Communities video series demonstrate how to install a basic setup of BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform and Content on Windows. While the videos demonstrate installing specific product versions, installations of other versions are similar. You will find the videos on the following topics:
- Part One covers installation prerequisites and installing Atrium Single Sign-On. See Installing BMC Atrium Single Sign-On.
- Part Two covers installing a repository and CDP. See Installing the repository or Installing a CDP.
- Part Three covers installing Development Studio and connecting to the CDP. See Installing Development Studio.
- Part Four covers installing Content. See Installing BMC Atrium Orchestrator Content with the GUI installation.
For videos on installing on Linux, see Executing a silent installation.