After you create workflows in the BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio application, if you want to deploy them on a BMC Atrium Orchestrator grid, you must export the modules to the repository.
The exported module is contained in an archive file that consists of:
- Workflows - Sets of linked activities that perform a function.
- Rules - Specify criteria that can trigger a workflow in reaction to a monitor adapter event.
- Schedule - Specifies information that runs workflows on a regular schedule, with the ability to control start, end, and frequency parameters.
- Configuration - Contains the configuration information for the module.
Exported modules in the repository are activated in BMC Atrium Orchestrator Grid Manager, making workflows in the module eligible for execution on the grid. After activating a module on a grid, the module schedule is enabled triggering workflow execution at defined intervals, and rules evaluate events to control workflow execution.
The following video (2:38) demonstrates how to export a module from Development Studio to the repository.
To export modules to the repository
To export to the repository, you must be connected to a grid. BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio prompts you to log on when necessary.
- On the BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio Launch Pad, click the Library Manager button.
In Library Manager, click the Export Modules tab.
In the Export Modules table select the modules to export by clicking in the Export check box next to the module name.
A flag is displayed in the Modified column of the Export Modules table if a module changed after it was imported.
Enter or select the version of the module to export.
This field is not automatically populated. BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio verifies the version number before exporting.
Click the Export to Repository button.
On the Export Confirmation window, verify the information and click Proceed.
When the export workflow is finished, the Export Confirmation window disappears, and BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio displays the message
Export Successfulin the bottom left corner of the window.
You can review the export messages by clicking the History link on the bottom of the window.