Executing a process on demand
You would need to execute a process on demand if the process execution cannot wait until its scheduled time and must be executed right away.
In the Grid Manager application, select the Manage tab and then the Schedules tab to manage when processes are executed.
To execute a process on demand, the process must meet the following criteria:
- The module that contains the process must have been activated in the grid (see Activating modules).
- The process must have the Expose Process property set to In Schedules on the Process Properties page (see Process properties). You can do this when creating the process or go back and edit it.
- The process must have a schedule, which can be set up in Development Studio (see Creating schedules) or in Grid Manager (see Adding a process schedule).
The following video (6:51) shows how to use Grid Manager to add a process schedule or run a process on demand.
To execute a process on demand
- In the Grid Manager application, select the Manage tab and then select the Schedules tab.
- Select the check box next to the schedule containing the process that you want to execute now; then click Run Now.
Grid Manager displays a message at the top of the Manage tab, indicating that the selected process was queued to run immediately.